The Unlimited: Hyobou Kyousuke
Where will I start with this.. It's quite frankly pretty darn amazing, but if you need more:
The Unlimited is a spin-off of Zettai Karen Children, which was quite a successful anime, although it is quite old now, so seeing The Unlimited pop out of practically nowhere with a completely different style was a surprise.
Zettai Karen Children was a pretty light-hearted anime/manga series, with tons of comedy, and ecchi jokes. The ecchi jokes were mostly with the main character who was a girl and for some reason acted like a perverted old man. There were some action scenes and stuff. But it was generally Shouneny, with tons of comedy and the action was again without much blood or anything.. So it was a pretty big surprise to see The Unlimited to take a dark tone, with explosions, blood being spilled, and awesome action throughout the first episode.
Literally from the start of the first episode Kyousuke destroys a whole ARMY like a badass, and than lets himself be caught.
If there was a comparison, I'd say Code geass would be one of them. But that doesn't do it justice, because the only reason why you can compare those two is because of the art style. Otherwise everything else is different. The Unlimited has stronger characters who're more independent. While Lelouch in Code Geass was with a strong mind, and was pretty adept at manipulating people. It was quite obvious that he himself was physically weak and depended on his army. Kyousuke is completely different as he IS the army.
What gives it more spice is that Kyousuke is over 80 years old, and his age HAS taken a toll on him, even though his looks don't quite show it.
Every episode ends with Kyousuke turning his badge around, which is his limiter, and destroying everything convincingly. The awkward thing is that he has this strange DBZ hair and a black aura, which is pretty awesome at first, but it gets pretty repetitive as you'll start to expect when he turns his DBZ mode on.
The animation, sound assets, characters and story are all quite interesting. With a good question on human morals. The only problem I might have with a certain character would be Yuugiri, who is a small little girls with a really high pitched voice. She has a huge amount of power and stuff
The only problem I actually had was that the last episode was kind of .. Bad.. Kyousuke couldn't use his powers at all, and had to fight over 100 robots with Andy, and every robot shot missing. It was like a badly made Rambo flick with robot disks flying around and stuff..I'm sorry but that Ending was just horrible. But considering that I enjoyed the other 90% of the anime, I'm walking away satisfied.. Just hoping for a second seasons just cause I'd like them to fix the horrible-horrible ending.
No comments:
Post a Comment